Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
First game you remember playing

Post First game you remember playing 
i cant really remember my first since i was only a little kid but i do remember playing prince of persia and dangerous dave
(not including solataire and minesweeper)

edit-i think it might actually have been afterburner........that game provided hours of fun even though i never got past 2nd level

Last edited by dragonman4 on Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:35 am; edited 3 times in total

The first game i remember playing was explorer and the subject I was exploring was the girl next door, but i suppose you're more intrested in other games (maybe....). unibrow
In fact the first video game was a stupid television console game, very basic, somekind of ping pong, you could play alone against a wall or with 2 again eachother (hehe). No colors , everything B&W. No cartridges, no other game possibilitys. And we all thought it was the eight world wunder.
Then came the real game consoles.....and the PC with the first 'real'  games. With their nerve cracking noise through the pc speaker. The horror! But fun. Those were the days..snif..snif.. frown

the sound kind of reminds me of a dial up modem

That would either be Wolfenstein 3D or Doom. Or a NES game... I can't remember.

i played video games since i was 3 and that was in back 1994

My first video games were:
F1 Grand prix 1
wolfenstein 3d
zool
Dave
California games 1 and 2
kings quest 1,2 and 3
Lemmings

and i had many more games but i cant remember frown

This Guy is Playing C.S.I

Hmm, must have been Gorilla's or something. Really simple game where you have to kill the other gorilla by throwing bananas.

After that, I found more cool shareware games such as crystal caves, duke nukem, pushover... I remember playing them on an monochrome screen... those were the times.

My first "newer" games were King's Quest 5 and Quest for Glory 3, man I still remember how stunned I was when I played them, with their beautiful graphics. Rise of the Robots also is one of the first cool-graphic-games I played.

Hmm, must have been Gorilla's or something. Really simple game where you have to kill the other gorilla by throwing bananas.

Qbasic ????
--->>>>>>>> http://www.qbasic.com/c7.shtml
Hehe, complety forgot this one.
BTW:needs qbasic.exe+qbasic.help, can find those on W98 cd - dir tools\oldmsdos.
He he, on that qbasic site you can find tigs euurhmm, now yes qbasic games and stuff.
 cool

[EDIT]
Yep, Never have tried before, but the good old qbasic runs directly on XP, hehe, bit jerky, BUT: runs flawless on dosbox !!! Included the beautifull sound !!!  muaddib : look and drool , hehe......... stick out tongue

-Fire and Ice (playing it now as well but I don't understand the codes)
-Dark Ages
-Lemmings
-Prince
-In search of dr. Riptide
-Commander Keen

First computer game I played was Hard Drivin'.
Can't believe how hard I thought it was back then, couldn't even make it pass the loop. Went back and replayed it recently and actually FINISHED ONE WHOLE LAP WITHOUT CRASHING, hah my driving skills really sucked before [and actually isn't that good even now embarrassment]

The game that got me addicted and the first game I *completed* was C&C Gold, picked it up at a bargain bin. Man...the hours spent building bases, sandbagging in the NOD, and pounding them to dust using Orcas... still remember the music to this day. big grin

Last edited by snowowl090 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

muaddib wrote:

Qbasic ????
--->>>>>>>> http://www.qbasic.com/c7.shtml
Hehe, complety forgot this one.
BTW:needs qbasic.exe+qbasic.help, can find those on W98 cd - dir tools\oldmsdos.
He he, on that qbasic site you can find tigs euurhmm, now yes qbasic games and stuff.
 cool

[EDIT]
Yep, Never have tried before, but the good old qbasic runs directly on XP, hehe, bit jerky, BUT: runs flawless on dosbox !!! Included the beautifull sound !!!  muaddib : look and drool , hehe......... stick out tongue

Yep, Those were the times...  smile

my very first game i remember playing was either:

Pitfall on the atari 2600
             OR
sonic the hedghog on the sega master system.

Yep, my very first game was Sierra's Nascar... spend like 2 or 3 hours per day playing it... then my second came in 1996, Novalogic's F-22 Lightning II (I remenber that I used to press the up button to increase engine torque... 2 weeks later I discovered the - button was the one to press  disgusted ... then I took 3 months to fire the first missile properly -with shoot list-  big grin )

Good times...  smile

my first game ever played was the Ultimate Doom for PSX

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

My first games were played on an Apple ][e during math class.  Both games were written by the teacher's programmer husband.  Then my parents bought an Atari 2600 with river raid, breakout and circus atari.  By the time the Atari era was over, we had about 200 games for it.

New ISO's: http://forum.classic-gaming.net/viewtopic.php?t=670
Warez list: http://forum.classic-gaming.net/viewtopic.php?t=309
CGN has these games: http://forum.classic-gaming.net/viewtopic.php?t=130

hmm that reminds me i should probably count how many games i have in my atari 2600 collection. i too have heaps of the original cartridges.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next