Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
registry cleaner
do you use a registry cleaner

sure, it makes my PC way much better 28% 28% ( 2 )
nope, it destroys my PC 28% 28% ( 2 )
I've heard about this thingie 28% 28% ( 2 )
registry cleaner?? what is it anyway?? 14% 14% ( 1 )

Total Votes : 7

Post registry cleaner 
I've just downloaded a registry cleaner from download.com although I have no idea how important such a program is

do you use a registry cleaner??

but i don't use it

SAY NO TO MONOPOLIES, BOYCOTT MICRO$OFT!

I used one a few times then it managed to delete some file windows had to have to operate so I was forced to reinstall.  I took the time to reformat and do a clean install which is better in the long run as you get rid of junk registry cleaners miss.

New ISO's: http://forum.classic-gaming.net/viewtopic.php?t=670
Warez list: http://forum.classic-gaming.net/viewtopic.php?t=309
CGN has these games: http://forum.classic-gaming.net/viewtopic.php?t=130

works really good for me , removes all the unwanted errors i dont know what to do with!

Maniax7
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Registry cleaners are dangerous. Only use them if you know what you are doing, and are sure each and every registry key you delete is no longer needed.

The registry is one of Windows' many design flaws anyway disgusted

The poll is missing an option: "No, I just edit the registry myself."  smile

Registry cleaners are useful because almost all programs don't remove all their registry strings when you uninstall the programs.  A registry cleaner/tracker can determine exactly what was written to the registry after you install a program.   Although the leftover strings doesn't consume much space, it all adds up in the end.

Registry cleaner publishers usually claim that their products make your computer safer and faster, but this isn't entirely true.  You can make your computer faster by removing any unnecessary or unwanted start up programs in the \LOCAL MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run registry key yourself. (Back up your registry first.)

As for the "safer" part, Active X controls and some programs/drivers register themselves through the registry, but the registry cleaner/tracker can't tell if the code is of a malicious nature, so this is where an anti-virus product comes in.

Also, registry cleaners can't tell if a registered program is still needed or not, so there is some danger to using them.
The risk is like removing shared .DLLs...When you uninstall some programs, the uninstaller might ask you if you want to uninstall some "shared" files but the problem is that you don't know if there are any other programs which need those files.

hhhm their ok but some times can be anoying like deleteing unused programs hhhhm i'll have to reinstall it i think theres somthing wrong with it  cry baby

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1