Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
World of Warcraft

Post World of Warcraft 
I'm thinking about getting World of Warcraft. Can anyone here tell me (with first hand experience) if it is worth getting or not and what are the details about this game that make it so special in regards to other MMO's?

Honestly, I think World of Warcraft is nothing special at all, it just costs a lot of money.

I heard from a friend a while ago that you can play on free servers, the ones you have to pay to get into are the Blizzard ones.

That's true. But you also have to consider to quality of the servers. Blizzard receives money for it's services and will ensure that the servers are always online, stable and fast.
As for the "free" servers, which are in fact pirated servers, they don't receive money for them and they probably don't have the recources Blizzard has to keep those servers online, stable and fast at all times.

I also heard from a classmate who wanted to try one of those "free" servers that he had to patch the game in order to be able to connect to those and got banned from the payed servers. He has it resolved with Blizzard and plays on the official servers again, simply because it works better and prevents cheaters from spoiling it for the rest.

As for the game itself. I know you can get up to level 60 (I think), but is there a variety of quests and stories along the way and at the end of the road?

As for the game itself. I know you can get up to level 60 (I think), but is there a variety of quests and stories along the way and at the end of the road?

I don't own the game myself but I saw it once when I was at a friends' house. It includes loads of quests.

Sounds interesting then. I'm a big fan of both RPGs and RTS games. Right now the game i'm playing is Mu which is a Diablo 2 style MMO. If WoW has lots of quests and less grinding (which is what ive heard) then i'll probably get it.

http://www.mmogchart.com/

Ok... And? What's your point? That WoW is the most popular MMO out there? Everyone has known that for quite some time...

WoW is pretty good as MMO's go. I've played a couple, but WoW is good in terms of diversity of quests and even just the sheer scale of it. Admittedly questing can be a little monotonous -your bog standard kill x of y and speak to z, but what else can you expect really? There's a nice difference between classes (Warrior, Warlock, Rogue, Mage, Shaman, Druid, Paladin, Priest, Hunter -think that's all!) and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. There's currently a level cap at 60, but with the expansion pack (out in November) you can get to 70, and there'll be two new shiny races, a new continent and new flying mounts -hoorah! I'd say it's definitely worth a look, especially now you can get free 10 day guest passes by visiting the WoW website. Hope this helps! smile

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

I also have WoW now, the price is pretty high you have to pay for it, but it's worth it. The world is just huge and there's always more to do.

I don't play wow because of the money, but even without playing I can say one thing: The comunity can't be too bad, most are probably adults with a joob. Probably some spoiled kids there too.

About the free (fake) servers ... I've seen those. You don't pay anything, but there are maybe 300 people on the whole server which is not very interesting.

... by now 6 million people are playing WoW ... big grin

Ok, i got World of Warcraft about a month ago and it sucks ballz,really hard.

I started playing it at first and i immediatly got bored so fast and
our bill was about 16 bucks a month. Its also life consuming too.

dont get it,you'll be glad you did
 wink

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Purehavok123, you've bumped a legendary amount of topics now laughing

I mean, this topic is a year old.  paranoid

You might wanna read this (check the last rule):
http://forum.classic-gaming.net/viewtopic.php?t=308

When you're this cool...
They're out to get you...

- The Fonz -
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1