Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
[IDEA] More advanced browsing options

Post [IDEA] More advanced browsing options 
I suggest making the advanced browsing criteria more advanced. I miss the possibility of only including games which does have a particular content type (download, screenshot, review etc.). Better still: Include logical functions (AND, OR, NOT etc.).
If I want to contribute I want know which games lack what content without checking them one by one. I guess it is ok that some popular games get 10 reviews, but maybe you want all games to have all content types.
I guess adding a few checkboxes in the advanced browsing panel (and do some coding) would do the trick. What do you think about the idea?

Check here. About 90% of them do not have screenshots, that'll keep you busy for a while. wink

It not that I cannot find ways to contribute at this time. I want to know what people think about the idea as such. In particular Grades who I guess would be doing the coding. Maybe it has been considered already by the admins, but rejected. It is not like I demand that my idea is realised. I thought you could suggest any crazy idea in this forum. Maybe nobody like them and they think you are an idiot (referring to myself in this case), but I'll take my chances.

It not that I cannot find ways to contribute at this time. I want to know what people think about the idea as such. In particular Grades who I guess would be doing the coding. Maybe it has been considered already by the admins, but rejected. It is not like I demand that my idea is realised. I thought you could suggest any crazy idea in this forum. Maybe nobody like them and they think you are an idiot (referring to myself in this case), but I'll take my chances.

Something similar, but more useful, is planned already. (suggested contributions)

Is there going to be a bonus if you follow the suggestions, for example double points?

Is there going to be a bonus if you follow the suggestions, for example double points?

Yep. Doing that will spice up our gamepages smile

i saw that there was already a post on this so: how about making a search page for games on your site?

It already exists.  In the upper right corner of the main page or any of the non-forum sections you can see the Search box, usually above the ads.

New ISO's: http://forum.classic-gaming.net/viewtopic.php?t=670
Warez list: http://forum.classic-gaming.net/viewtopic.php?t=309
CGN has these games: http://forum.classic-gaming.net/viewtopic.php?t=130

How about after we choose which system we want then we could enter them in alphabetical order? And maybe add to the name which itīs a rip, iso or both? Maybe like Abuse (Rip), Abuse (ISO), Abuse (RIP+ISO)?

And theres also one more thing I would like. Thatīs the feature like on the gctracker forums. There, they use flags for Location, I think thatīs really neat.

A "fancy" browsing method might be a good idea. It could give you information about the number of regular downloads and ISO's, and their combined size per type. Sorting on size would then be possible too.

The interface would take about twice as much space as it does now, so we'd probably have to limit the amount of items shown per page to 10 or even 5.

It's something to think about smile

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1