CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Nintendo DS vs. PSP

Post Nintendo DS vs. PSP 
What is better?
Im on the DS' side
I know this question is old but I want to know that

Last edited by Im_Doomed on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Well, I think PSP doesnt have (almost) any good games, there seems to be more good games for DS. And DS doesnt cost that much. And DS is a Nintendo and its way better than some lame Sony.  wink Yeah I would consider DS for it better games...

the ds has much better games and it doesnt try to be what its not. unlike the psp which only has acouple good games and tries to be 2 much at once. its like an n-gage with better graphics.....basically crap

-Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
-Jeanne D'Arc
-FFT remake
-Disgaea port
-Socom: Tactical strike
-Metal Gear Acid 2
-Monster hunter
-Syphon Filter
-Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
-Tales of eternia remake
-Brave Story

Soooooooooooooooooo few games. And these are just the ones I actually played. Now, the DS is a great console too but whoever says the PSP sucks needs to re-check their gaming standards.

I think it depends a lot on your gaming interests:

The PSP doesn't do it for me, for the games do not appeal to my interests.

However, the PSP DOES have better graphics and there are a lot of interesting exclusives (dgsige named a few: but you forgot the new Silent Hill wink) In my opinion, the PSP is more based on larger adventures and bigger worlds, thus long-play.

As for the DS, because of its popularity, there are a lot of crappy games beingreleased, just like there were a lot of crappy games on the PS2 when it was at the top of its popularity. However, the GOOD games (what 'good' means in this sentence is up to you: in my opinion Mario, Zelda, Meteos, Age of Empires etc.) are fun to play when you're traveling. Some of those tiny mini-game type games are also fun to play. Also, games like the new Contra kick ass  cool

The most use-able option of the DS is that you can put it on 'stand-by': just close it, and it will stand-by for about 120 hours. When you open it, you can continue playing (however, I recommend saving everytime you do this: just in case. When I was playing Age of Empires, the game froze after putting it on stand-by).
Lately, I bought a MP3-player for my DS. Have the best of two world, I'd say smile

I conclude: the DS is more suitable for me because I travel a lot.

It's good that Sony is trying to expand their influence to the portable console market: it makes that market, dominated by Nintendo, a lot more interesting! In this year, people are gaming more then ever, even if it's on a Wii, DS, XBOX360, PS3, PSP or whatever! Me like!

When you're this cool...
They're out to get you...

- The Fonz -

I had 2 PSP's in the past, but sold them because I was bored of it. And I have played several games on a DS before.
Although SOME games on both PSP and DS are quite fun, I prefer the PSP because I prefer good graphics and a nice design.
I'm not saying the DS has bad graphics or a sad design or anything, it's just that the PSP is more of my style.

psp sux

pfff  >_> .

psp sux

That's one nicely put statement you got there...

I have the strange urge to shut up now.

retard

When you're this cool...

- The Fonz -

Oh come on, you know we can't counterpoint that.

Oh come on, you know we can't counterpoint that.

laughing

When you're this cool...

- The Fonz -

I think that ds is better than PSP because in my country, I can use the wi-fi services for free in places like cafes and restaraunts (with a PSP I'd had to pay). I can also attach a MP3 player on it to hear music wherever I am. I'm saying that because PSP is not the only portable console with music or video playing possibilities. With your ds you can do similar things and more (don't mention the mario kart ds wink )

Yeah, I guess it does depend on the country too. My country is ruled and inhabited by idiots (me included  big grin ) and the games I keep hearing about that are so good for the DS are found nowhere for sale. Phoenix wright? Nowhere. Elite beat agents? Nowhere. Castlevania? Nowhere. The only DS games I like that I've seen for sale are The new smb and the new pokemon games. And guess what? For that I can play SMB1-3 on a snes emulator on my psp or pokemon gold (my favorite) on a gbc emulator also on the psp.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1