Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Can't remember title of adventure game

Post Can't remember title of adventure game 
I need help from someone who is familiar with adventure games published between 1991 - 1993.
During that time, I remember playing an adventure game on a friend's computer, but I can't remember the game title and publisher.  Actually, I can't remember much of game itself, but I'd like to play that game again.

It was a first-person adventure game and unlike regular adventure games, each location had some obstacle/puzzle to solve before you can move on to the next screen.  Usually you had to pick up items on the screen and manipulate them.
When you moved the cursor to the top of the screen, a menu would appear for game loading/saving and I think the game also had a built-in game hint feature.

Okay, I know that there are plenty of 1st person adventure games out there, but this is about all I can recall about the game:

-One or two of the game screens had something to do with a bat that assisted you.
-Your character is some kind of wizard's apprentice and you have to make your way to some castle of an evil wizard.
 Along the way, you have to find some tiny magic pebbles or gems for some reason I can't remember.
-You have a pair of tiny companions (gnomes?) that you carry in your pocket.  They don't really help you or do much, but
 there are some cut-scenes of them playing/joking around.  They were there to provide some comedy to the game, but they
 were not really funny.
-I think the game took place at night, and the game locations were both outdoors and indoors.

Some people that I have asked already suggested Legend of Djel and Lost In Time, but they're not it.  I can only remember 2 or 3 of the game screens so looking at screen shots on other sites haven't helped.  frown

- Arand

Ween: The Prophecy?

- Arand

I didn't recognise the screen shot, but I realized that Ween was the game that I was looking for after I  downloaded and read  the manual.
Thanks for the help!

(Strangely enough, I came across several references of Ween on other sites but I didn't pay any attention to it.)

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1