Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
crazy taxi 3 problem

Post crazy taxi 3 problem 
this game is not on your site (its not an abandonware either) so I'm discussing its problem here

whenever I run this game, buildings, cars, and other stuffs appears white, especially the tire screeching fire
that sucks disgusted  any solution??

update driver from your graphiccard and apply the latest official patch from the game

your last chance is contacting the company..

update driver from your graphiccard and apply the latest official patch from the game

your last chance is contacting the company..

there is no patch for the game, and my drivers are already updated
I will probably then try contacting the company

My brother had a similiar problem just not as bad. This was because his graphic card didn't have pixel shader

My brother had a similiar problem just not as bad. This was because his graphic card didn't have pixel shader

And what is pixel shader?? is it like a program or a hardware?>

Pixel shader is a technique that is supported by almost all modern videocards, but older ones might not support it and thus a game that requires it might not function properly and the result could be that you get display issues like the one you're describing. In most cases you can turn of pixel shaders somewhere in the game menu's or in a seperate configuration tool that comes with certain games.

I've downloaded a software called shader mark, it didn't fix it

If your videocard doesn't support pixel shaders a piece of software probably won't fix it... It might be possible to to "emulate" it using something like a pixel shader wrapper or something like that. I'm not even sure that exists... But for games that require 3DFX to work you can use a glidewrapper, so why not something to "wrap a pixelshader".

If your videocard doesn't support pixel shaders a piece of software probably won't fix it... It might be possible to to "emulate" it using something like a pixel shader wrapper or something like that. I'm not even sure that exists... But for games that require 3DFX to work you can use a glidewrapper, so why not something to "wrap a pixelshader".

and where can I get that thingie??

pretty much it is impossible to simulate a pixel shader without out having the same performance loss as using HDR. (or thats what i thinks anyways)

True, simulating something like a pixelshader will (probably) cause a performance drop that brings your game down to being pretty much unplayable, but it can still be worth a try :P
I once tried a glide wrapper on my old S3 card (don't remember the chipset, but it wasn't a Virge...) and allthough it did work, it didn't perform very good...

Anyway, to find such a "driver", google would be your best shot.

True, simulating something like a pixelshader will (probably) cause a performance drop that brings your game down to being pretty much unplayable, but it can still be worth a try :P
I once tried a glide wrapper on my old S3 card (don't remember the chipset, but it wasn't a Virge...) and allthough it did work, it didn't perform very good...

Anyway, to find such a "driver", google would be your best shot.

Anything with even a remote hint of "software rendering" causes unplayable framerates. It's a fact.

In most cases it indeed does, but it can be worth a shot. Whoever doesn't try doesn't ever win either.

if your hardware doesnt support it then expect near 0 FPS as is what i get in some tests in 3d mark 2006.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1