Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Heavy Metal

Iron Maiden rules the world!!!

I think it officially goes toward Rock 'n Roll, but then a bit more modern and a lot more kick ass :P

And I also like Ozzy osbourne, Black Sabbath brothers, Ramones...

Iron Maiden rules the world!!!

You heathens! You forget original bands like Ghoulunatics, Entombed, Freak Kitchen and such!

Let me explain...

You like SOAD; you like Freak Kitchen.
You like Rock and Death Metal, you'll love Entombed and Ghoulunatics.

Now, I listen to so many bands I get easily confused. i like every genre of metal except doom, so I'd check out:

Heavy Metal: Metal Church, Wayne, Seven Witches and Am I Blood
Thrash Metal: Testament, Exodus, Machine Head, Witchery and Single Bullet Theory
Black Metal: Samael and Dimmu Borgir
Industrial/Death: Fear Factory, Razed In Black, Entombed, Ghoulunatics, Dies Irae, Soilwork, Nightrage and Cryptopsy

etc. etc. I could go on forever but I think you get the point that I'm crazy about music. And crazy just otherwise.

You heathens! You forget original bands like Ghoulunatics, Entombed, Freak Kitchen and such!

It's not very friendly to call people names for just not knowing certain bands... And by the way, you forgot the most important Thrashmetal band of them all: Slayer.

I want to apologise in advance for flooding this topic with my inexcusably dumb ramblings.

Now, I don't blame you. I was being funny (no I'm not) and I thought I could get someone to check out at least one of those.

Secondly, I have a very strong oppinion about Slayer. As thrash, they suck. Why you ask? Thrash had a very original sound established by Metallica, which was carried on by such bay-area thrash bands like Testament and Exodus and euro-thrash bands like Destruction and Kreator. Slayer changed their sound and it started sounding like anthing BUT thrash. But that's my oppinion.

Slayer NOT THRASH?!?

You must be kidding.

I dunno if you're serious or kidding, so I'm not gonna post anything more until I'm sure.

I have to agree with Ragnar on this point, to be precise, Slayer established the thrash genre and many flows of metal followed. Even Deathmetal is a flow that has it's roots in thrash. You don't need to like Slayer, ofcourse not, but you must know that Slayer is thrash and imho it's more reasonable to say that Metallica isn't thrash than to say that Slayer isn't...

Both Metallica and Slayer started in 1981, so their beginning style wasn't quite influenced by one another. So it's not quite reasonable to say that Slayer changed the sound that Metallica started. Both bands are quite different and my preference goes to Slayer when it comes to that, but that's a personal thing.

I even took the liberty of searching for both Metallica and Slayer on freedb.org to find out what the specified genres are of their albums, I can conclude this:
Metallica: metal, heavy metal, hard rock, rock and thrash metal <- only once for all entries
Slayer: metal, heavy metal, thrash metal <- lot's of entries

I rest my case.

Mainstream oppinion, but maybe we should take this debate elsewhere. I do completely agree that death is an offshoot of thrash metal.  Slayer started out as thrash, but I think that they haven't sounded like a proper thrash band to my ears for a long time. As hasn't Metallica. that's why I listen to Testament, Chakal, Destruction and other "genuine" thrash bands who clearly sound, and have always sounded, like thrash.

Slayer is pop metal. It's like Britney Spears and Cryptopsy put in a blender with a slice of lemon and a hint of sugar. They sure love the green dolalr sign <3

P.S. Yes, I am an idiot, and no, I'm not serious about the blender thing. It's more like Mariah Carey and Entombed mixed together in a cup.

hehehhe, looks like someone hates Slayer that's for sure :P
But anyways, don't you (Ghoulunatic) think that Metallica really likes that green dollar too? I do, if not, they would have quit by the time the became popular. And yes, the have a (official) higher popularity rate than Slayer does... But frankly, who cares? I listen to music because I like the music, not because it's consider either commercial or not... Face it, any band wants to make money out of their music, what else is the use of releasing a single?

My fave Bands are Nightwish, Children of Bodom, Slipknot, After Forever, Dimmu Borgir, Dream Theater, Moonspell and Heavenwood...

HIP HOP AND POP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so does Slipknot, who not only isn't metal, it calls it's listeners "worms" or "maggots" or something >_<

The Slipknot fanclub is called "Maggot Corps" (without the quotes).
I don't think Slipknot is all that bad, nothing special, but the first 2 albums are pretty ok. The third one sucks though...

Yeah, I'm one of those weird little faggots who start waving their finger is anger at anyone who listens to commercial bands and turn their back on the underground. I guess it's because underground bands usually don't change their style too much, and you can "trust" them when picking up their new albums. Then again I liked Metallica's St.Anger, even though it was nothing like thrash big grin

And maybe I do it to annoy people. Excuse my lack of imagination and finnish sense of humour.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next