Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Earthworm Jim - Sound issues on XP

Post Earthworm Jim - Sound issues on XP 
I absolutely LOVE this game, which would account for why I actually own more than one copy of it, hehe. Recently bought a Nintendo DS, and found my old Game Boy Adv. cart of it, and I felt like I was missing out on a lot of the detail of the PC version. So I dust off the old Win95 disc, get it installed and all.... and after some tweaks, Everything works great except for the sound. Whenever I enable the sound on it, it'll play the sounds for about 5 sec before locking up and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL the bastard.

Has anyone had any luck in getting this game to work properly on XP? Anyone that thinks they could help if they only had a copy can snag the DEMO right here:
http://www.download.com/Earthworm-Jim-demo/3000-2099_4-855563.html

No warez in a demo, lol. But unfortunately, it has the same issues as the full version for me. Only minor tweak I've made to get everything but sound working is to run the .exe in Windows 95 compatibility mode (Right click -> Properties -> Compatibility Tab)

So help me out if you can. I'd appreciate any help that can be offered. Thanks in advance!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

If you don't have the game from our site, we're not be able to help you.