Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Trackballs

Post Trackballs 
Hmmm... I guess that not many retrogamers use trackballs, but I'm looking for one to use with my laptop instead of the awfull abomination known as the touchpad.
The bad side of this is that I found out that these things are pretty tough to find. There don't seem to be many on the market at the moment and the ones that I have found don't meet my demands as I want to have a wire AND finger control (so no thumbcontrol). Something like this one, but then wired (I hate having to switch batteries on an input device, especially one that you don't usually move around all the time).

Anyone got any suggestions?

I don't know how good Kensington products are, but they manufacture trackball mice:
http://us.kensington.com/html/4771.html

The page is from the U.S. web site.

I've seen those, but I don't really like them. They aren't exactly comfortable and lack a scrolling feature. It's kind of like the Logitech Marble Mouse trackball. They work well, but lack things like a scrolling feature which really degrades their value for me.

I've seen those, but I don't really like them. They aren't exactly comfortable and lack a scrolling feature. It's kind of like the Logitech Marble Mouse trackball. They work well, but lack things like a scrolling feature which really degrades their value for me.

I haven't gotten around to getting a track ball mouse for my laptop yet.  I just use an old wired Logitech mouse for it.  Anything is better than that stupid pad, and I've never gotten used to using it.  I don't like that little stick thing in the keyboard that old IBM Thinkpads used either.
Somebody's gotta come up with a better mouse controller for laptops.

There are some old laptops that have a trackball integrated infront of the the keyboard and despite the rather uncomfortable location and shape it works pretty well, but it's wears out much quicker than a touchpad or that sticky thing in the keyboard.

I can work with a touchpad pretty well, but it gets annoying after a few minutes and my hands start to hurt after about 15 minutes or so...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1