Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
using a bootdisk for my ps2

Post using a bootdisk for my ps2 
i have a problem on my ps2 i burned my game as a backup because the original is getting scratched up badly and its old but when i use my action replay max cd to boot it it says unable to read the disc anyone help? confused  confused

Maybe the disc was burned badly or the medium itself is faulty. I'd recommend you burn a new one, maybe on a lower speed to increase the readability of the disc.
My brother had a similar problem with his XBox. It doesn't read a dvd disc burned at 8x speed or higher, but it does read a disc that is burned at 4x speed.

Burn the disk at 2x or lower or else the ps2 can't read it.

Burn the disk at 2x or lower or else the ps2 can't read it.

Is it really that bad? I like to believe that the smaller PSTwo does read faster burned disks than 2x speed. I guess it's depending on which version PS2 you have.

I have the big fat one.

For your info, there are 7 different hardware revision versions of the big fat one:
see it at megagames

My guess is that the later versions are better with reading burned media than the early ones.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1