Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Opening the exe files on non-windows system, possible?

Post Opening the exe files on non-windows system, possible? 
All downloads on this site are in some exe installer format, can I extract them with some dos/unix application?

I don't have windows, and use dosbox/freedos to play games, which works great most of the time...

The installer runs perfectly under Wine. There is as far as I know no other method to extract the archives.

I use a script to automatically add files to my database, extracting them, adding some meta-data (description, howtorun ect), re-compress them, rename them, add them to the database, and move them to the appropriate folder..
This whole process would be screwed up...

Using a binary editor I found out that the files are made with Innosetup, an open-source-program(no proprietary format, yay!), I'll write some command-line app to do the work.

Wine wont do I'm afraid.
I use a script to automatically add files to my database, extracting them, adding some meta-data (description, howtorun ect), re-compress them, rename them, add them to the database, and move them to the appropriate folder..
This whole process would be screwed up...

Using a binary editor I found out that the files are made with Innosetup, an open-source-program(no proprietary format, yay!), I'll write some command-line app to do the work.

Would you mind sharing that app?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1