CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Nintendo DS Lanparty
Nintendo DS lanparty?

Interesting! 40% 40% ( 2 )
Not for me... 60% 60% ( 3 )

Total Votes : 5

Post Nintendo DS Lanparty 
Ok, here's the deal. Together with some friends I am making plans to have a Nintendo DS lanparty. Obviously this won't ever become just your average lanparty, simply because lanparties are mostly all about PC games.
Not that there is anything wrong with a "regular" lanparty, we thought that it would be interesting to have a DS lanparty to give that scene a bit of a swing in another direction.

There is nothing yet known about the location (but expect it to be somewhere in the south of the Netherlands). There is also nothing known yet about any costs connected to it in any way and also a date hasn't been set yet.

I'm only trying to pol if people would be interested in an event like a lanparty which is dedicated to the Nintendo DS.

As you (if you own a Nintendo DS ofcourse) know, the Nintendo DS has nice online capabilities, but unfortunatly, barely any games make real use of that, so a lanparty would be a good way to share the fun of multiplayer gaming on the DS.

And please, if you think it's a bad idea, explain yourself and maybe the people who like the idea can do the same and if you're not sure yet and need some more info, vote only after you get the info you need, ok? Thanks.

I check not for me .. but i was just thinking it's good as long as it's NOT ONLY nintendo DS .. man 1 day at the Nintendo DS you're going to get bored for life at those games  eek

the key of a winnig lan party is to play all king of games.. At my collegue we have one with no competition really plan and people were playing strategy game, fps, cooperation, racing, ddr and others..

by the way i don't know that much about nintendo ds, what are the game that you planed? and how many player can be connect at the same time?

No thanks, I'd rather have my PC.

EDIT: Bad idea because there are way more PC owners than DS owners.

As you said, many games don't use the DS online capabilty to fullest so a LAN party ONLY DS would suck.

dgsige wrote:
As you said, many games don't use the DS online capabilty to fullest so a LAN party ONLY DS would suck.

That's the point, the DS's online capabilities are barely used, but local multiplayer is supported really well by a lot of games allready. So bringing the DS gamers together to enjoy these multiplayer features didn't sound like such a bad plan at all. Simply because not every DS gamer has friends who also have a DS and thus they will not get a lot of chances to play the multiplayer parts of their games.

Legendary wrote:
Nintendo DS? :P
No thanks, I'd rather have my PC.

EDIT: Bad idea because there are way more PC owners than DS owners.

Look at the world of concerts, reasoning the way you did would imply that a festival with only top 40 bands would attract the most people, because the largest group of the population likes those.
Problem is that rock and metal festivals are mostly much more succesfull, because those people are much more fanatic.

Minorities are much more fanatic in the music and the gaming world. How many pc gamers actually go to lanparties? Comparing with the actual amount of how many there are, it's very few.

But maybe this isn't the exact right place to ask a thing like this... You see, I don't expect many DS gamers on here :P

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1