Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Old points gone

I think the credits we get should stay and not be taken away because YOu GUYS accepted them the first time, we shouldn't get our points taken away because of that! its just like expostfacto

I think the credits we get should stay and not be taken away because YOu GUYS accepted them the first time, we shouldn't get our points taken away because of that! its just like expostfacto

Hmm... In some cases, users can keep their score, but in some cases they can't. I guess I should give a warez moderator the option to let the submitter keep his points or not..

Yeah, it's unfait if a guy submited a game a month ago without any idea of it being warez and get his points removed. But as grades said, it depends on the case.

Yeah, it's unfait if a guy submited a game a month ago without any idea of it being warez and get his points removed. But as grades said, it depends on the case.

This is a difficult problem. He could keep his points because he uploaded the file, and he could lose his points because nobody will be able to download it.
Suggestions?

Only attrib the points when something is added on the main site.

And don't retract them later when or if the game becomes warez.

Given is given.

For those who upload without asking before or don't get points :
poco loco, shit happens, life sucks, etcetera ........

Is this list being applied to snes roms? I personally don't think it should be because they're hosted all over the net and nobody's getting sued for it.

Yeah, finding a final fantasy snes rom is incredibly easy so I don't think it aplies to snes.

One simple rule:
Only attrib the points when something is added on the main site.

And don't retract them later when or if the game becomes warez.

Given is given.

For those who upload without asking before or don't get points :
poco loco, shit happens, life sucks, etcetera ........

What about games that are abandonware right now, and are re-released later this year?

If you add them -even temporary- on the site, add the points. And don't retract them.

If you don't want to end up with a 6,254,547 pages site bible, keep it simple and straight. Or you will end up with rules and exceptions on the rules and exceptions on the exceptions rules. You can not describe every posiibility that could occur.
What you eventually can do is ask one of the moderators to keep an eye on things, and let the mod be judge by using his common sense.

That's in my opinion the only way to keep things sorted out.

The same, I guess.

If you add them -even temporary- on the site, add the points. And don't retract them.

If you don't want to end up with a 6,254,547 pages site bible, keep it simple and straight. Or you will end up with rules and exceptions on the rules and exceptions on the exceptions rules. You can not describe every posiibility that could occur.
What you eventually can do is ask one of the moderators to keep an eye on things, and let the mod be judge by using his common sense.

That's in my opinion the only way to keep things sorted out.

Then what about files that go from the contributions archive straight to the warez archive?

I think I may have a solution for the warez archive problem:

- Files which go straight from the contributions to the warez archive will get half of the usual points. The submitter should have checked the forum/gamepage/internet anyway.
 - Files which have been added and are subsequently moved to the warez archive will keep their points.
 - Files which are added from the warez archive to the main site will get the normal points, minus the already attributed points. In the first case that would be the other half of the points. In the second case, no points at all.

Seems fair to me. Objections? smile

Again, keep it simple, simplier, simpliest.

If the uploader did get a "OK" when proposing the game/applic/files/whatever in the contribution section, give him the points, even if the upload ends in your dusty archive cellars, shelf Area51.

If the uploader got a "NO", and still uploaded the files, no points.

If he didn't ask nothing, now: life IS a bitch.

[EDIT]
You type too fast, Grades.

Again, keep it simple, simplier, simpliest.

If the uploader did get a "OK" when proposing the game/applic/files/whatever in the contribution section, give him the points, even if the upload ends in your dusty archive cellars, shelf Area51.

If the uploader got a "NO", and still uploaded the files, no points.

If he didn't ask nothing, now: life IS a bitch.

Hmm.. that would be a lot easier to implement. Any other suggestions?

Any other suggestions?

Get BDF out his lousy bed, where is he when you need him ?........the old drunkard.

As for something else, no not really.
Maybe stick to the rule: Ask before you upload games/files/..... .

Also: whatever you do or implement, you will always get malcontent, dissatisfied persons who thinks another get more than themselves and will cry out loud.

grades wrote:
Any other suggestions?

Get BDF out his lousy bed, where is he when you need him ?........the old drunkard.

As for something else, no not really.
Maybe stick to the rule: Ask before you upload games/files/..... .

Also: whatever you do or implement, you will always get malcontent, dissatisfied persons who thinks another get more than themselves and will cry out loud.

I wasn't talking to you. I asked if anyone had a different view on the warez problem wink

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next