Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Ditch game console ROMS?

Post Ditch game console ROMS? 
Why not ditch the game console ROMs and just make this site MS-DOS games only?
It'll save hard drive space and it's not like people are discussing anything about console ROMS in the forums anyway.

Also, I haven't come across anything in the FAQs or older forum messages (or maybe I missed something?) regarding game cracks.  Now, don't flip out!  I'm talking about cracks for the abandonware games.
I haven't downloaded anything yet, but does all of your games already have the copy protection removed?

Some of the DOS games I've downloaded from other sites provide a picture file or text file which provides the copy protection information, but I find that they're just a waste of inkjet printer ink;  It would be a lot less annoying to have the game's protection code itself already cracked.  Heck, in the early 90's, I used to break the copy protection code for some of the games I bought (such as Tie Fighter) because I found the copy protection too annoying.  Would you accept program code cracks to be uploaded?  If so, then how do I know which of your games needs them?

A little off topic:
I might have some spare time here and there so if you or anyone else wants a small MS-DOS program to be made (LEGAL crack, cheat, small utility) I can offer my programming services.  Being on this site has me itching to start programming in DOS again <grin>.

I'd like to contribute to the site, but you seem to already have all the old DOS games that I own.  I have some SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo, and MAME ROMS I could upload, but then I'd be contradicting myself, right?  smile

Post Re: Ditch game console ROMS? 
codecruncher wrote:
Why not ditch the game console ROMs and just make this site MS-DOS games only?
It'll save hard drive space and it's not like people are discussing anything about console ROMS in the forums anyway.

Well as the tiltle says CGN - Abandonware lives , and not only in Dos form but also others and as far as the diccusion is concerned we arnt talking about everything thats on the main site. smile

Maniax7
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1