Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
PC security

Today my Norton antivirus has discovered a trojan, it couldn't fix it or even delete it !!! disgusted

What was the name of the file, and why didn't you just delete the file yourself?

hhhhm got to be macafee for me with the virus scan included its worth a look but zone alarm is good for firewalls  drooling

Platypus wrote:

On the workstations it was a littlebit less bad, they just started peaking to 90% for about 10 minutes every hour, but that reduces usability quite a lot too... But apart from those peaks the systems still ran pretty fine.

What were you using to measure the CPU peaks?  Task Manager's reporting can be a bit skewed, although I guess there's no real way of determining the most CPU efficient AV software outside of a side-by-side comparison.
I'm just using the E-Trust AV for my home computer, so the software efficiency isn't as important as yours.

How about Thunder-byte?  Man, I haven't used that since my BBSing days, or F-Proteus....Ooh, a wave of nostalgia just overcame me...

P.S.
CGN rabbit??  What's up with that?

I think there would be a significant difference between running E-Trust in a network environment (with a central update and scanning server and clients that connect to that server) and a stand alone installation. As I just recently tested running it stand alone using a test system (Athlon XP 2800+, 512MB RAM, 2x 40GB hdd, G-Force FX 5200 etc...) it didn't cause much trouble. It still caused some "peaking", but it wasn't really significant in that setup. Updating ran fine and background scanning didn't really cause much trouble.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2