Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Ladytron

Post Ladytron 
If you're a electroclash/retro synth/electronic fan (as I am) then you should like a group I just found called Ladytron. I would recommend their first two albums "604" and "Light & Magic". They have a third album called "Witching Hour" but it's a pretty big departure from the first two. The only song I really like on it is "destroy everything you touch". There are quite few good tracks on the first two albums. I think "playgirl" was most popular on 604 and there are a couple from Light & Magic namely Seventeen, Blue Jeans, Black Plastic and a few more. If you're a fan of anything electronic at all give it a listen.

I'm a fan of electronic music all right, but I pretty much despise :shudder: "electroclash". For pete's sake, it's gotten more "hip" genre names from the music press than it has actual artists - glitchcore, nu synthpop, glitz, euroclash, synthcore, electropop and god only knows what else. And why is this? Because every single pretentious ass out there wants to claim discovering something so kitchy and pop to themselves by giving it their own name.

Not to mention that the horrible abomination called electroclash just pretty much blatantly rips off the retro 80s trend started by Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk) and Les Rhytmes Digitales.

[/snob]

Well. I'm not sure about that other stuff but I think this group in particular is good. Anyhow I called them electroclash because that's how I've heard them reffered to before. I tend not to dislike music for any political-esque reasons. As for being rip-offs I don't think so. Certainly they have a somewhat retro sound so they will share similarities with other groups who employ the synth. As for Daft Punk, of the three albums that I'm aware of and have listened to (Homework, Discovery, Human After All) I don't think they share many similarities at all though they cite similar inspirations (Kraftwerk for example).

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1