Classic Gaming Network Forum Index
CGN Site HomeRegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
punk reccomendations

LOL! How long did it take you to come up with that one? That whole post sounds like it came out of the mouth of a 6th grader. You must've been up all night thinking about it. It's a shame you missed one detail, that part of my post was making fun of him for being angry about something so trivial, because unlike him I dont get angered by people on the internet. And believe it or not, while I may sound aggressive, i'm simply laughing at all of you while I am doing so. I don't get angry at morons like you, I just laugh at you and hope you take the bait.
2 imbeciles in one thread, i'm on a roll here.  big grin And don't even try to pull the "I dont care" card on me. If you really didn't care you wouldn't have posted. Your entire post is a feeble attempt at flaming me so obviously you cared enough to do so seeing as you didn't post anywhere else beforehand. Nice job tool. wink

Hey guys, try and tone it down a bit and get back on topic

I'll be simple and sweet about this...Musical taste is an opinion and opinions hold no merit. Your taste in music isn't definate, concret, or correct. ..Get over yourselves. wink

P.S. That's my two cents...Bite me.

Maybe if you read more carefully rather than pull out an automated reply to boost up your post count, you would've noticed that the main thing I was talking about was a band's musical talent. The main thing was that all these commercial bands have no musical talent whatsoever, especially when compared to the likes of classical composers for instance, and that's a fact, or are you going to try and say otherwise?

Maybe if you read more carefully rather than pull out an automated reply to boost up your post count, you would've noticed that the main thing I was talking about was a band's musical talent. The main thing was that all these commercial bands have no musical talent whatsoever, especially when compared to the likes of classical composers for instance, and that's a fact, or are you going to try and say otherwise?

First of all...That's comparing rockets to bullets....They do the same thing...Kill but they are in very different leagues...And as far as what my post says...Your opinion is music isn't the rule...It's the exception. Hell I enjoy the screeching of nails on chalkboards as music would that make it any less as what it is? Music is a matter of opinion, you can't come to a universal conclusion like what 2+2 is...Simple as that. My post count is low and unweildy...Ph43r it.

I still like Rage Against the Machine but what's that? Oh Oh. I also enjoy Beethoven's piano sonatas, Toccata and Fugue is the shizznazz, and Saint Saens Danse Macabre & Carnivale des Animeaux are triptastic finger

Are you a musician? Just a question. I, for one, am the lead vocalist of a band which you probably won't like (but that doesn't matter right now) and I know how hard it is to write music that is good. But I also know that a song doesn't need to be "intelligent" or technically advanced. Our guitarist is good, but he's no guitargod and our drummer knows how to hit his drums, but is no drumgod either. Sometimes simplicity is the key. Why do something that is technically very advanced when you can do something that sounds cool in a very simple way? At least you know that you create something that you can play.
You can also think like a band like Dream Theatre who are very good at playing their instruments, but that is also all what their music is about; "Look at how great I am on my guitar" or "Look at my huge drumkit and how I fly over it without losing the rythem at any time". Yeah, that's great and impressive, but that doesn't neccesarily mean that it sounds good.

Try old Agnostic Front albums, they're hardcore but you might like them if you like punk. You could also try 7 Seconds. They are old school hardcore, but the vocal is not a growling one wink
I agree with Shenmoo on the new school punk bands (btw, SOD is not punk, it's trash smile)

When you're this cool...
They're out to get you...

- The Fonz -

Bad Brains
Minor Threat
TSOL
Gorilla Biscuits
Youth of Today
Chain of Strength

I consider these old school hardcore, but some people consider them punk, whatever goes.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2