what is the best Emulator??

Want to talk about games or gaming? Join us here!

what is the best Emulator??

Postby fighter » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:39 pm

for NES, SNES and other roms
fighter
CGN Pimp
CGN Pimp

Postby Legendary » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:09 am

http://www.classic-gaming.net/applications/list/1/&p=1

All the best are listed there. I don't know any better ones, but ZSNESW is certainly the best for SNES games.
Legendary
"Me not that kind of orc!"
"Me not that kind of orc!"

Postby fighter » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:42 pm

I have no problem with the SNES emulator actually, but some minor bugs with the NES one
mine is RockNES, is there an emulator that is better than that??
fighter
CGN Pimp
CGN Pimp

Postby timeticker » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:47 pm

I've used NESticle for some time and it worked for me. Easy interface and no problems running a game.
---------------------------

When you're this cool...
They're out to get you...

- The Fonz -
timeticker
CGN Soldier
CGN Soldier

Postby dgsige » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:15 pm

If the name doesn't bother you that is <_<
"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."--Jack Thompson. The lowest IQ human being ever.
dgsige
CGN Soldier
CGN Soldier

Postby codecruncher » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:42 am

Gens is a good Genesis emulator, but there's also an offshoot from the project called Gens32 Surreal which isn't on this site. It's supposed to add a little more compatibility.

http://gens32.emubase.de/

I like TurboGrafix Turbo Duo games, but unfortunately the only good TG16 emulator (Magic Engine) is not free.
:(
codecruncher
CGN Soldier
CGN Soldier

Postby timeticker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:05 pm

dgsige wrote:If the name doesn't bother you that is <_<

:lol:
---------------------------

When you're this cool...
They're out to get you...

- The Fonz -
timeticker
CGN Soldier
CGN Soldier

Postby A-mak » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:29 am

Gameboy = Visualboy advanced.
Mastersystem = Dega
n64= Project64
nes = RockNESX
snes = zsnes 1.42 or 1.36 (for lan/internet)
arcade = MAME32
A-mak
CGN Member
CGN Member

Postby Amir » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:42 am

i belive easiest to use zsnes thats really good and nes not sure
Amir
CGN Member
CGN Member

Postby zedas » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:46 am

KEGA Fusion is far superior to Gens. It has way more features and runs as good if not better than Gens.
Essay Question: The Holy Roman Empire, was neither holy, Roman, nor an empire, discuss
zedas
CGN Starter
CGN Starter

Postby Amir » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:06 am

search zophers domain and they have alot of emulaors to choose from very good site i highly recommend it here is the link to the nes emulators http://www.zophar.net/nes.html and here is the site itsself http://www.zophar.net/
Amir
CGN Member
CGN Member

Postby codecruncher » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:29 pm

zedas wrote:KEGA Fusion is far superior to Gens. It has way more features and runs as good if not better than Gens.

I'll have to try out this KEGA Fusion. Gens was the first emulator I've tried and I've had no problems with it, except with the Dark Wizard CD game. (Might just be a bad download though - the game crashes during the intro animation.)
codecruncher
CGN Soldier
CGN Soldier

Re: what is the best Emulator??

Postby KnuxTheFox » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:49 pm

As of present day, the best emulator for NES is the new VirtualNES, which has been translated and brought to us by our friends in Japan. It has the best compatibility of any NES emulator I've ever found, and can also add screen effects and sync the refresh rate so you don't get those weird lines like one part of the screen was refreshed before another and the picture shifts slightly for a split second.

For SNES, the reigning king is still ZSNES...SNES9x still trails behind. ZSNES has better compatibility, better performance, and a lot more options and effects.

For Sega Mastersystem, Gamegear, Genesis, 32x and CD, the best emulator is Kega Fusion. It's faster and more compatible than Gens, and there are no saving problems with CD and you can even load state with Sega CD games which you can't with Gens.

For Playstation, it's ePSXe. You can also enhance the graphics of Playstation games using different plugins and shader packs (downloadable from the interwebs)

For N64, Project 64 is still the best. I recommend finding the best graphics plugin for your system.

For Dreamcast, look no further than nullDC. It's the first fullspeed fully-functional emulator for Dreamcast, and it's still rather active in development.

now, MAME is pretty good for most arcade games, but sometimes you just want to specialize. Nebula is specialized for most Neo Geo, Capcom CPS1 and CPS2 games, and will run just fine on slower systems when MAME doesn't.

For Amiga, I like to use Amiga Forever. It may not be free, but it's the best out there.

For Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance, Virtual Boy Advance is good. OR
to play DS games as well, use No$GBA ("No Cash GBA") It emulates DS fairly well, but not as good as the real thing.
KnuxTheFox
CGN Starter
CGN Starter

Re: what is the best Emulator??

Postby davidsanjos » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:30 am

According to my view emulators are most often used to play older video games on personal computers and modern video game consoles, but they are also used to play games translated into other languages or modify (or hack) existing games. I used Gens emulator and i think it is the best one. Gens is a free Sega Genesis emulator. It runs on Windows systems (using DirectX), on Linux (using SDL) and many more platforms. it has some features like..

# saving console state (without relying on in-game save ability)
# recording what buttons are pressed and slowing the gameplay down so it is used in making of tool-assisted speedruns
# support for Game Genie cheats
# support for Netplay
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce.
davidsanjos
CGN Member
CGN Member

Return to Gaming Talk