Tycoon games, what are some easy ones to get into?

Want to talk about games or gaming? Join us here!

Tycoon games, what are some easy ones to get into?

Postby leon101 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:12 am

I have tried several of them, and I just plain suck (simcity 4, I failed in the first five minutes I went bankrupt and had to delete my city and start new, no joking!) so what are some that are chellenging but that EVEN I couldn't fail in the first 5 minutes.
leon101
CGN Member
CGN Member

Postby Platypus » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:52 pm

Try Transport Deluxe for Windows. I'm having trouble running it on WinXP, it is possible to get it to work properly with a patch though.

But if you really can't get it to work, there is also an opensource clone of this game available here.
Some things disturb me, but they won't go away! Make them go away! *slumbers off, not looking back*
Platypus
CGN Pimpmaster
CGN Pimpmaster

Postby arand » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:16 pm

I would actually recommend the openTTD it has all (I think) the stuff from deluxe, plus it's available in online multiplayer, has improved construction, and a whole bunch of nifty extra-options.

- Arand
arand
CGN Starter
CGN Starter

Postby dgsige » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:48 pm

Transpor tycoon and zoo tycoon (the first one, not the second one for god's sake).
"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."--Jack Thompson. The lowest IQ human being ever.
dgsige
CGN Soldier
CGN Soldier

Postby Platypus » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:38 pm

arand wrote:I would actually recommend the openTTD it has all (I think) the stuff from deluxe, plus it's available in online multiplayer, has improved construction, and a whole bunch of nifty extra-options.

- Arand

OpenTTD is still in it's betà phase and not all of the planned features are implemented yet and not all of the features that are implemented work properly, but it's very well worth a try and it's allready pretty good.
Some things disturb me, but they won't go away! Make them go away! *slumbers off, not looking back*
Platypus
CGN Pimpmaster
CGN Pimpmaster

Tycoon games

Postby computica » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:47 pm

For me rollercoater tycoon 2 goes all out to the max for me I love that one :) I like zoo tycoon 1 too! haven't played number 2.
computica
CGN Member
CGN Member

Re: Tycoon games, what are some easy ones to get into?

Postby pringles1942 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:13 pm

I'd say the first Roller coaster tycoon is the easiest to get into. Its easy, and once you get a lot of money, there isn't an end to all the rides you can build. Fun too!
pringles1942
CGN Member
CGN Member

Postby grades » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:12 pm

If, like me, you really like Transport Tycoon Deluxe, try OpenTTD. It's a community project that basically re-creates the entire TTD game, but with some nice extras, and versions built for XP, Vista, Linux, OS X and some others.
You'll need the original TTD game files though for the artwork and scenarios.
grades
Cause of Major Downtime
Cause of Major Downtime

Postby timeticker » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:02 pm

pringles1942 wrote:I'd say the first Roller coaster tycoon is the easiest to get into. Its easy, and once you get a lot of money, there isn't an end to all the rides you can build. Fun too!

Same here, for me Rollercoaster Tycoon was the easiest Tycoon game to get into. The first one, not the second :-) couldn't even finish one of the first levels...
---------------------------

When you're this cool...
They're out to get you...

- The Fonz -
timeticker
CGN Soldier
CGN Soldier

Postby MrDos » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:46 am

I Would say that Railroad tycoon 1 (3 is more harder i think, as there are many other options to beware of as you play the game, but after som tries it will be a little easyer) and Zoo Tycoon are Easy to get into :unibrow:
One time Retro gamer, always retro gamer :)
MrDos
CGN Member
CGN Member

Postby Beamer084 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Roller Coaster Tycoon games are best imo..

They are really good, try get into them.. :thumbsup:
~GameRanger GameHosting~
Beamer084
CGN Member
CGN Member

Return to Gaming Talk